Redditor lays out 30-minute guide to improving aim/reflexes in CS:GO
Esports are skill-based games. No matter how deep your strategic knowledge, you still have to be skilled to succeed in esports, and CS:GO is no different.
In fact, Counter-Strike might be one of the most mechanically demanding esports around. Players are tasked not only with running and gunning, they are punished for combining running inputs with gunning inputs, meaning accuracy is only dependable when close to a standstill (depending on the weapon).
This makes a players ability to aim their crosshair precisely, and move their crosshair to that location quickly, of paramount importance. Players across the world practice these elements of the game for hours on end.
For those looking for a structured regimen to sharpen those skills, u/ImThour has laid out a fantastic 30-minute drill. The basic skeleton of the workout is as follows:
Aim Warmup (10 minutes)
- Download map: “aim_botz”
- Click on “Aimbotz Challenge,” select 90 degrees in “Challenge Mode” and “100 kills.”
- Do the challenge four times, once with the AK47 (100 kills), M4A1/M4A4 (100 kills), Glock (100 kills), and USP-S (100 kills).
- Try only tap shots, not burst or spray.
Reflex Warmup (10 minutes)
- Download map: “training_aim2016”
- Set your map settings like this.
- Select AK47/M4A1/M4A4 and click “start.”
- Once completed, go on to all 5 stages
Retake Servers (1 full game/approx. 10 minutes)
- Find the nearest retake server: CS:GO Retake Servers
- Play a full game
source header image: Adela Sznajder, Dreamhack